RBI Grade B (DEPR) is one of the most sought-after exams for students of economics. The Phase I of the recruitment exam tests candidates’ comfort at subjects of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Statistics and Econometrics.
Over the last 2 years (RBI DEPR 2021 and RBI DEPR 22 Examinations), we have assisted preparation needs of many candidates, successfully ! And this year too, we aim to do the same.
For this, we are providing the best Video Course (for Phase-I) and the Test Series (for Phase-I). The Video Course on ‘Statistics and Econometrics’ has been ongoing since 25 November 2022. In case you are looking for a quality video course for this subject, we have provided 6 Trial Videos to help you take the right decision. The videos can be watched only on the App (which works on mobile phone / tablet / iPad and NOT on Laptop/ Desktop). The link for downloading the App is available on our home page.
We have also launched the ‘Growth + Booster’ Test Series for the RBI DEPR 2023 Examination (only Phase-I). This post is meant give you brief information about the same.
Fee and Discounts
The Fee for the Test Series is Rs. 5500 (18% GST EXTRA). You can claim a launch offer discount of 10% by using the coupon code DEPR2023.
The discounts available existing students can be viewed here.
Please note that all discount coupons, be it for the RBI DEPR Video Course or RBI DEPR Test Series, are valid till release of IES 2022 Final Result by UPSC.
Schedule for the Test Series
Our ‘Growth + Booster’ Test Series for RBI DEPR 2023 Examination will consist of 19 Mock Tests, which will be released as per the (tentative) schedule. The schedule is based on our understanding of the syllabus for RBI DEPR Examination.
The schedule can be downloaded by clicking here.
How will the RBI DEPR Test Series Boost Your Preparation?
Whenever you are appearing for a competitive exam, there is a need to regularly evaluate your progress, understand where you are lagging and fill-the gaps. Franking admitting, in the last 3-4 years, the competition for these exams has grown enormously. While entering the examination hall, you have to be the best version of yourself ! Sometimes, even 0.25 mark makes a huge difference !
Whether to enrol in our Test Series or not is your personal decision, but let me briefly mention salient features of our Test Series:
- Well-Researched Questions: We frame questions based on the pattern of examination followed in recent years. In fact, even before we released our first ever Mock Test (in 2021), we had decided to appear for the 2019 exam – to understand the requirements for this exam better. In short, we are serious about maintaining the quality of our Mock Tests.
- Focus on Syllabus: We focus on coverage of the syllabus. That is, we aim to frame questions from all important topics, so that you are able to gauge how well you have covered all the important topics.
- Solutions Panel: Remember just this: We intend to make it useful. Unless a question is absolutely straightforward, the solutions are in sufficient detail ! In fact, wherever feasible, we also try to include links to topic explanations / additional questions related to this topic, etc.
How will the 2023 Test Series Differ from the 2022 Test Series?
Like last year, we intend to provide the best resources to boost your preparation and accordingly the 2023 Test Series will be an updated version of the 2022 Test Series. It will contain almost all questions of the 2022 Test Series (apart from Current Affairs) but will be a much improved one, not to mention a few new features on the portal, such as adding a question to the list of ‘Important Questions’ for quicker access.
To prepare a quality (updated) Test Series, I am already following the process I which consider the best. What is that process? Every year, I try to appear for all exams related to Economics discipline (RBI DEPR, PFRDA-Research, SEBI-Research, etc.) to understand the changing priorities of IBPS. I have been doing the same over the past few months and I will exert my best efforts to incorporate my learning in the revised Test Series.
Broadly, I intend to undertake the following steps to prepare a quality Test Series:
- Improve Solutions of Previously Framed Questions: By including more links to explanation / additional questions / assignments, wherever feasible
- Include Additional Questions: If I feel that any important concept or question is not already represented in the Test Series, I will include additional questions also; be it in the initial Tests or the new ‘Mini Tests’. I already have a few such questions in mind.
- Mini Tests: This year, I am planning to include a few Mini Tests also in the Test Series. What are Mini Tests? These will be very short Tests, containing only 5-7 questions. The idea is that during the real-time exam pressure, for many questions, we are required to think on our feet. That is, quickly and efficiently. These Tests will aim to replicate such an environment.
I still have my ‘Thinking Hat’ on and, if at a later date, I feel that I can improve the Test Series in any other way feasible for me, I will be happy to incorporate those changes as well. In short, I assure you of my sincere efforts.
How to Enrol for the RBI DEPR Test Series?
The RBI DEPR Test Series can be attempted ONLY on a laptop / desktop (and NOT a mobile phone / tablet /iPad). Please use a google chrome browser (even on macbook). You will be able to login only from ONE laptop / desktop.
To enrol in our RBI DEPR ‘Growth + Booster’ Test Series:
- Login to the portal, by clicking here. If you don’t have an account already, please register by clicking here.
- After login, click on ‘DEPR23: Growth + Booster’ on left-side panel
- After that, click on ‘Buy Now’ button given on right side.
- Procced Ahead and enter the Billing Address (City name and State Name).
- Complete Payment
Congrats. The Test Series has been activated.
Ideal way to utilise the Test Series: Prepare, Attempt and Review !
This section is important, so please read it attentively. A Test Series provides an opportunity to identify gaps in your preparation and fill them. Also, you would get an understanding of your strengths and weaknesses.
To reap maximum benefits from the Test Series, I suggest that you should adopt the following approach:
- Prepare Thoroughly Before Attempting the Mock Test: For each Test, you would know the syllabus in advance. Hence, before attempting the Mock Test, prepare the topics in the syllabus as if you were going for the final exam.
- Attempt the Mock Test with exam-like attitude: Be excited about the Mock Test and aim to score full marks in the Mock Test, only then will the exam-like adreline-rush be triggered. And that’s important to give you a true ‘exam-like’ feel. And I will be watching your performance from the back-end and might scold you if you fail to score as per your potential 😊
- Learn from Your Mistakes: After completing each Mock Test, sit down patiently to review the exam. You should go through the solutions of all questions, that is, both sets of questions: the ones which you’ve answered correctly and which you have answered incorrectly. Go through all the links and make a note of any important information you come across.
Of course, you should pay special attention to the question you have answered incorrectly or did not attempt. And be holistic in your approach. For instance, if you answer a numerical on ‘Substitution-Effect’ wrong, then after reviewing its solution, you should go back and revise the entire concept, including the related diagrams. That is, revise the topic completely. If you follow this approach, you will see its benefits !
This year, we are also working on a feature to allow you to add a question to the list of ‘Important Questions’ to facilitate revision before the exam. Hopefully, you will find it useful.
Remember, Your subscription is meant only for you !
I won’t say much on this, just that don’t get into any unfair methods at any stage. It will lead to termination of your subscription. No refund will be applicable in such cases.
Watch Out for Typos !
Last year, it happened that some of the questions contained typographical errors. Despite my best efforts, it is possible that that even this year, some questions may have typos. My experience suggests that in most of such cases, there will be no confusion and you will clearly know that there is an error. However, at any stage, if you doubt the authenticity of the question / answer / solution, please do not hesitate to drop me a message to seek clarification.
Take Conscious Actions to Keep Growing
When I was pursuing the 3rd year of my B.A.(H) Economics course, in one of the lectures of the subject ‘Economy, State and Society’, my professor had mentioned one sentence which I wouldn’t forget for the rest of my life: “Humans progress when they take CONSCIOUS actions.”
You already know where you lagged in the previous year. Please don’t leave any stone unturned for the next attempt. Work hard, take out a minimum of 2-3 hours everyday for studies (irrespective of whether you are in a full-time job, pursuing PhD, etc.) and be consistent with practice.
I hope that you manage to do your best in the next attempt. If I can contribute something meaningful to assist your journey, I will feel privileged.
All the Best.
If you have any queries about the video course or Test Series, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Click here to drop us a telegram message.