RBI Grade B DEPR Exam 2023 is one of the most sought-after exams for students of Economics discipline. The Department of Economic Policy and Research (DEPR) s responsible for conducting research, analyzing data, and providing inputs for formulating policies related to emerging economic issues.
In recent years, RBI DEPR has become highly competitive. Candidates appear for this examination after a months’-long preparation, including extensive practice. If you want to understand the fine details about this examination, you have landed at the right place. Make sure to visit other pages on this website, so as to understand what you truly need to clear the RBI DEPR 2023 examination !
Here are some tips to crack the RBI DEPR 2023 Exam:
Now, Let’s begin with the crux of the RBI DEPR 2023 Notification.
RBI Grade B DEPR Examination 2023: Important Dates
|Website Link Open For Online Registration of Applications and Payment of Fees/Intimation Charges||09 May 2023 to 09 June 2023 (till 6:00 PM)|
|Phase-I – Online Examination||16 July 2023|
|Phase-II – Paper II & III Online/Written Examination||02 September 2023|
1. Pay Scale in RBI DEPR 2023 Examination: Selected Candidates will draw a starting basic pay of ₹55,200/-p.m. in the pay scale of ₹55200-2850(9)-80850-EB-2850 (2) – 86550-3300(4)-99750 (16 years) applicable to Officers in Grade B and they will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family allowance and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time. At present, initial monthly gross emoluments are 1,16,914/-. The House Allowance of 15% of Basic Pay will be paid, if accommodation is not provided by the Bank.
2. Perquisites in RBI DEPR 2023 Examination: Bank’s accommodation, subject to availability, reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, newspaper, telephone charges, book grant, allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility. Free dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility. Interest free festival advance, Leave Travel Allowance (once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents). Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Vehicle, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc. Selected candidates will be governed by ‘the defined contribution New Pension Scheme (NPS)’, in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
3. Eligibility Criteria for RBI Grade B DEPR 2023 Exam:
A. Nationality: A candidate must be either:
(i) a citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iv). a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v). a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination, but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate is issued to him/her by the Government of India.
B. Age Limit for RBI DEPR 2023 Exam (as on 01 May 2023)
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years (as on 01 May 2023). The upper age-limit prescribed above will be as per usual guidelines.
For candidates having experience as an officer in Scheduled Commercial Banks, Public Sector Insurance Companies and All India Financial Institutions (AIFI) namely Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank), National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), National Housing Bank (NHB) and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of number of completed years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For such candidates, upper age limit.
Note: (i) Candidates having M.PhiI Degree and Doctorate Degree from a recognized Indian / Foreign University / Institute in economics will be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit by 2 years and 4 years respectively.
C. Minimum Educational Qualifications for RBI DEPR 2023 Exam (as on 01 May 2023)
(i) A Master’s Degree in Economics (or any other master’s degree where “Economics” is the principal constituent* of the curriculum/syllabus, namely MA / MSc in Quantitative Economics, Mathematical Economics, Financial Economics, Business Economics, Agricultural Economics, Industrial Economics)
(ii) A Master’s Degree in Finance (or any other master’s degree where “Finance” is the principal constituent* of the curriculum / syllabus, namely MA / MSc in Quantitative Finance, Mathematical Finance, Quantitative Techniques, International Finance, Business Finance, Banking and Trade Finance, International and Trade Finance, Project and Infrastructure Finance, Agri Business Finance)
For (i) to (ii) above, minimum 55 per cent marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters / years from a recognized Indian or foreign University / Institute.
* “Principal constituent” with respect to syllabus / curriculum means half or more of the total courses / electives / credits must be in Economics or Finance.
Note I: For SC, ST and PwBD candidates, the minimum marks required in Master’s Degree as in items (i), (ii) and (iii) above is 50% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters / years.
Note II: (i) Candidates having M.PhiI Degree and Doctorate Degree from a recognized Indian / Foreign University / Institute in economics will be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit by 2 years and 4 years respectively.
D. Number of Attempts for RBI DEPR 2023 Examination: Candidates belonging to General Category/EWSs, who have already appeared Six times for Phase-I Examination for this post/s in the past, are not eligible to apply. No such restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwBD, if the posts are reserved for them.
4. SCHEME OF SELECTION: Selection for the aforementioned posts will be done through ONLINE examinations in Phase – I and Phase – II and interview. To read about the RBI DEPR 2023 Exam Pattern, click here.
5. HOW TO APPLY for RBI DEPR 2023 Exam: Candidates are required to apply only online using the website www.rbi.org.in and no other means/mode of application will be accepted.
6. LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled up to 09 June 2023 till 06:00 PM.
If you care to know how we have already assisted many candidates secure a seat in RBI DEPR, you can read this post.